It is not unheard of to lock the keys in the car and need help getting back inside with roadside assistance services. But panic is part of the equation when a pet or small accidentally gets locked inside the vehicle. If you are ever in a situation where your pet or child is locked in a car while waiting for roadside assistance, it is important to remain calm and take action to ensure their safety. Today, we at Highway 30 Garage would like to share some tips to help you handle this situation.
How Do You Unlock a Car Door if the Keys are Inside?
1) Call for help immediately. As soon as you realize that your pet or child is locked in the car, call for roadside assistance or emergency services. Explain the situation clearly and give your location so that help can arrive quickly.
2) Stay with your vehicle. It is important to stay with your vehicle and keep an eye on your pet or child while you wait for help to arrive. This will prevent them from becoming scared or disoriented, and it will also make it easier for rescuers to locate you.
3) Keep your child or pet calm. Talk to your child or pet in a calm and reassuring voice, and let them know that help is on the way. If you have a pet, try to provide them with water and shade, if possible.
4) Check the temperature inside the car. If the weather is warm, it is important to check the temperature inside the car. Even if the outside temperature is not too hot, the temperature inside a car can rise quickly and become dangerous for a child or pet. If the temperature inside the car is too high, try to find shade or a cool place nearby to wait for help.
5) Break a window as a last resort. If you are unable to get help quickly and your child or pet is in distress, breaking a window may be necessary. However, this should only be done as a last resort, and only if it is safe to do so. Look for a tool or object that can break the window safely and aim for a window farthest from your child or pet.
6) Learn from experience. After the situation has been resolved, take some time to reflect on what happened and how you can prevent it from happening again. Consider keeping spare keys with a trusted friend or family member or invest in a keyless entry system that can be controlled remotely.
Towing, Roadside Assistance & More in Cassia, Gooding, Jerome & Twin Falls Counties in Magic Valley, Idaho & Jackpot, Northern Nevada
Basically, finding yourself in a situation where a pet or child is locked in a car can be very stressful and frightening. However, by staying calm and taking the right steps, you can ensure their safety and get the help you need. Remember to call for help immediately, stay with your vehicle, keep your child or pet calm, check the temperature inside the car, break a window only as a last resort, and learn from experience. When you need auto lockout services, or any other roadside assistance service or towing services, call Highway 30 Garage and let us help you with quality services.